Brian can provide the following services:
|1 Keynotes, seminars and other professional development activities, coaching and support for teachers, school leaders and other education professionals:
Brian is an accomplished and entertaining speaker used to engaging with audiences of all kinds and sizes in all parts of the UK and leading courses etc.. He is able to address, facilitate and chair conferences, seminars and workshops on a wide range of topics including the following examples:
His main area of expertise is in the secondary sector.
- Brian speaks fluent German
- Brian has given a keynote speech at ASCL annual conference each year (link to copies on writing page ) here is a video from 2015
Brian can also provide consultancy support on any of the topics listed above.
Activities could include:
- Support for schools in the development and planning of provision for careers education and guidance.
- Briefings /seminars for governing bodies and leadership teams of maintained schools to support decision making about collaborations/ academisation.
- Support for school self evaluation. Brian has extensive experience and studied methodology at postgraduate and masters level. Services include training staff in appropriate techniques, leading and facilitating reviews of departments or other aspects of a school. His interest is enabling schools to be able to ‘tell their own story’ and base their development planning on a first hand, evidence informed understanding their areas of strength and further development. That evidence must be drawn from qualitative as well as quantitative techniques and be grounded in a self critical and collaborative culture.
- Independent reviews of aspects of school leadership/operation.
- Work as a School Improvement Partner
- Support, bespoke training. coaching and mentoring for recently appointed senior and middle leaders.
- Support for performance management of school leaders (external adviser role)
- Support for curriculum planning (including development of wider skills, preparation for workplace etc.)
- Support for the development of a shared school ethos and culture
- Workshops to support planning and design of new facilities or collaborations